Ceph X-rays are commonly used to:
- Explore possible TMJ concerns
- Assess the reasons behind excessive tooth misalignment – particularly in cases where an overbite or underbite is present
- Diagnose suspected tooth and/or jaw fractures
- Obtain precise measurement of teeth, including their root structures
- Plan for orthodontic work
The Ceph X-Ray Process:
Concentrating on the patient's profile — or side view of the head — the x-ray technician positions the patient to produce an optimal view of the skeletal structures that the dentist wishes to examine. After only a few minutes, the Ceph X-Ray machine produces high-resolution images of the jawbone, teeth and soft tissue in greater detail than regular x-rays can produce. The dentist will calculate how the patient's jaw and the surrounding bone will be affected by orthodontic treatment and have a look into the growth pattern of the jaw and teeth. This can be used to determine potential courses of action and routes of treatment.
A Ceph x-ray may be taken at Renaissance Aesthetic Dentistry as part of your orthodontic treatment plan. Call us at 239-530-3335 to schedule an appointment.